8 Jul 2021, 7:57:16 pm
Here are a few ideas that a few of us have put together regarding gang wars. This is the draft.

1. Team Work vs the Lone Wolf
We would propose introducing a clocking-in mechanism that would count toward kill count or something like that during a gang war. That way gangs wouldn’t clear out before a war. For example, if a gang had 20 members they’d gain kill credits from the clock-ins based on their activity level, and it would be more of a team effort. However, having so many members would also mean having many more targets... so there would be a strategic element to war versus clearing everyone out except for the big guns. The way it currently is, the gang who recruits the strongest accounts will always win as long as they are somewhat active.

2. Friendly Fire
Theoretically, if gang A were to challenge gang B for their territory, gang A could hire an outside gang to ward themselves so that gang B can’t get register any kills. Gang A will be dying a lot more but will inevitably win the war due to this loophole. The only resolution I can think of is that no outside gangs are allowed to attack gang members who are engaged in war, and no one engaged in war is allowed to fight members of a gang other than the one they are at war with. This would prevent gangs from achieving territories with the help of other gangs, which ultimately defeats the whole purpose of a gang war.

3. Battle for Los Angeles
Designate a city for warring? If someone leaves the city they can still die, but it won’t be counted toward the war tally (unless gang allies stepping in is perceived as a good thing)... this way people can still do missions/ops and have access to resources during a war. Inbounds would be inside the city, and out of bounds would be anywhere else. There would be a timer counting down and the player would have a set amount of time to return to the city of war, and if the timer runs out it would count as a kill tally for other side and the player would have to pay a fee to enter back into the city... otherwise, without a timer, a gang could just clear out of the city once they have a comfortable lead. Maybe even have a minimum amount of players per side that is required to stay in the city at any given time.

Just a few ideas to spice up gang wars here because right now they are won primarily by who can abuse the lose loopholes versus gangs working together to win. Correct me if I’m wrong about anything. Cheers! 👍

Replies

0 1
8 Jul 2021, 8:02:09 pm
PS: #2 and #3 wouldn’t be done together, it would be one or the other, otherwise #3 wouldn’t work if #2 makes it to where you can’t fight or mug other gang members.. kinda hard to do missions or ops that way. But #2 and #3 can both be paired with #1. Just wanted to clear that up. 👍
8 Jul 2021, 8:25:15 pm
I think adding off the day and of the hour points counting to gang war sounds good too 👍
8 Jul 2021, 8:33:44 pm
Agreed wars should be more dynamic, but I think they are working on some gang weapons that will make things more geared towards having active players.

There is also a thread on gang weapons where there are some other suggestions on giving the gang wars more depth.
8 Jul 2021, 8:35:38 pm
[LORuthless wrote
I think adding off the day and of the hour points counting to gang war sounds good too 👍

Yes, this would be nice too! Maybe making a OTH/OTD within the war itself.
8 Jul 2021, 8:37:23 pm
Also would like to see gang wars maybe have a choice of rewards. Like winning a set amount of points or taking some respect from a gang. Currently the only action is for the territory’s
8 Jul 2021, 9:30:00 pm
clockins or alternative ways to gain war points is a cool idea

having attack prevention is not though. Would be way too easy to exploit it and start shill gangs and/or friendly wars and just have ppl that could never be attacked

if there is an issue with allied gangs, then it should be on the gang in the war to overpower whoever is causing them problems just like in a real gang war. Otherwise, get wrecked

a safe city that costs a higher price but can be traveled too for an hour is a cool idea though. Have seen that work in other places before 👀 Especially because it takes so long to train on here. Would be a nice feature to have if ppl are in a war and want to train up to kick some ass. Obviously would have to be a limit of uses though so ppl couldn't just hide there for an entire war
8 Jul 2021, 9:48:26 pm
Having another person attacking there own gang so points cant be scored is trash. Let them be active and cide to keep from getting hit. Bringing in ringers is just being pussy's unless both gangs do it. Kicking 14 players to try and get a territory is wrong. Mkae them be in a gang 5 days before there hits count in war.
9 Jul 2021, 10:47:41 am
Let me preface this with, nothing will be done before the war that's happening next update. It's unfair to change the rules at this point.

Moving on...

Another option if people want, I have it coded on another game:

Domination war (Think COD domination), It's more based on activity with kills being important but not a scoring factor.

3 Cities are set as home, neutral, away. The gang that's at home has a stat advantage for attacks. These cities change at the end of every hour.

Scoring is based on activity:
For every member in your gang that is in any of the 3 cities, you get 1 point.
For every city that your gang is in you multiply the member score by # of cities.
If both gangs are in the same city, both gangs receive 0 for that city.
Score pays out every minute.

Few Examples:
1. Gang 1 has 3 members in home city = 3 points/minute (3 members * 1 city)
2. Gang 1 has 2 members in home and 1 in away = 6 points/minute (3 members * 2 cities)
3. Gang 1 has 1 member in home, away and neutral = 9 points/minute (3 members * 3 cities)

4. Gang 1 and 2 has 1 member in neutral and each gang has 1 in their home cities = each gang gets 1 point (neutral city doesn't count for anything since both gangs reside in it)

This is a counter war to those gangs that kick their members, as the more members you have the more points you can get. (A 20 member gang can at most get 60 points/minute, a 5 member gang can at most get 15 points/minute)

Couple of things to mention:
> Anytime someone dies in one of the active cities, they will be kicked back to sydney (which will never be a war city)
> You have to be active within the last 15 minutes for you to count in the war.
> No one outside the gang war can attack someone in the gang war, conversely they cannot attack someone who is online.

Aside from that I've also implemented a weighted system at one point, that could also be an option.

Gang 1 has 20 members:
Gang 2 has 5 members:

Anytime Gang 1 gets a kill = +20 points
Anytime Gang 2 gets a kill = +5 points