I want to introduce Pickpocketing into CW.

Premise: Inactive accounts of a certain inactivity length can have their money stolen from their banks. Each pickpocket attempt expends X% of nerve, and rewards cash on success. There is no reward for failures, you low life criminals.

Outcomes: It promotes being active, players get a chance at better money than waiting for someone to leave money unbanked.

Fine Tuning - We need to keep the nerve cost appropriate to what money is actually being won. I don't think we should ever be able to mug an inactive account below max interest amounts (the last thing I'd want is a returning player to be flat broke, but they should face some risk for being inactive for super long times). On pickpocket attempts where the successful pickpocket would reduce the victim's bank below max interest I propose they get a mocking message along the lines of "You have more money than they do, pick on someone your own size!"

Risks: We're opening a floodgate of potential activity here, I imagine people will bumrush this new feature. There can be fallout from people coming back and seeing what we've instituted since they left, but you know what? Fuck em. They were too much of a nutsack to keep logging in, I'm advocating for my players that are here.
Will this break the game economy? Only if we don't properly evaluate the rewards.

At this point, I turn it over to y'all. Thoughts, critiques, rude gestures, TikTok Stitches, let me know.

Replies

2 Dec 2021, 2:44:27 pm
Itโ€™s similar to inactivity fees which many banks in RL have. But instead of removing cash from players and throwing it back into the game which is always a good thing this suggestions takes money from the players and gives them to more active players.

I like the idea of purging inactive accounts as long as itโ€™s not an excessive amount to make them quit rage if they were to return but I am not sure how I feel about this suggestion. Iโ€™d like to see what other people think and anything that I might be missing.
2 Dec 2021, 3:00:42 pm
how about the points , coz i love poinst :(
2 Dec 2021, 3:39:53 pm
[LOchLairD'Lune  prestige wrote
how about the points , coz i love poinst :(

I'll let MJ sort out that little bit.
2 Dec 2021, 3:44:11 pm
I like this idea but with a couple big caveats that should be mentioned:

- This should only apply to non RM holders because if you pay RL cash or any other way to obtain RM days, obv you should be respected along with your bank acct. At least until you run out of RM ๐Ÿ˜

- The inactivity part should be something substantial like 60, 90, 120 days past RM depletion. That way nobody can really bitch about it

- Probably the most important part should be limitations on both the muggers and ppl getting bank mugged. For instance, there shouldn't be an ability for a single person to just bank mug every inactive acct at the first rollover they go inactive because that would create the opposite effect of what this is intended to accomplish. Where one active person could just bank mug all the inactives and stack up cash for themselves. There should obviously be a set limit of something reasonable like 10 mugs per day. The flip side of this is that a single inactive player shouldn't have 50 active players be able to mug them 10 times each and take their entire bank on the first day. It should be a totality of the limited amount and players should have to fight over it for the best possible gains.

- Another important part is that it shouldn't be some ridiculous amount of money like a percentage how normal mugs work. For instance if a player has 100 mil in their bank account inactive, then the mugging amount should only be somewhere around daily bank interest of 100k or 300k or whatever non RM peasants get for daily bank. There should never be an option where players can mug 10 mil off their bank acct unless it is for a long extended amount of time at a small amount with multiple people chipping away

2 Dec 2021, 3:48:52 pm
[LODogbert  prestige wrote
I like this idea but with a couple big caveats that should be mentioned:

- This should only apply to non RM holders because if you pay RL cash or any other way to obtain RM days, obv you should be respected along with your bank acct. At least until you run out of RM ๐Ÿ˜

- The inactivity part should be something substantial like 60, 90, 120 days past RM depletion. That way nobody can really bitch about it

- Probably the most important part should be limitations on both the muggers and ppl getting bank mugged. For instance, there shouldn't be an ability for a single person to just bank mug every inactive acct at the first rollover they go inactive because that would create the opposite effect of what this is intended to accomplish. Where one active person could just bank mug all the inactives and stack up cash for themselves. There should obviously be a set limit of something reasonable like 10 mugs per day. The flip side of this is that a single inactive player shouldn't have 50 active players be able to mug them 10 times each and take their entire bank on the first day. It should be a totality of the limited amount and players should have to fight over it for the best possible gains.

- Another important part is that it shouldn't be some ridiculous amount of money like a percentage how normal mugs work. For instance if a player has 100 mil in their bank account inactive, then the mugging amount should only be somewhere around daily bank interest of 100k or 300k or whatever non RM peasants get for daily bank. There should never be an option where players can mug 10 mil off their bank acct unless it is for a long extended amount of time at a small amount with multiple people chipping away

I like this level of thought Doggo. I too agree it should be a substantial period. Most folks, with the exception of my buddy Apoc, will eventually run out of RM days.

The idea of a fixed amount of mugs is worth consideration, what if anything could reward more pickpocket attempts, or will they always be static? Perhaps we can utilize the Throne in this.
4 Dec 2021, 5:08:03 am
if players are more than 3 days inactive & dont have rm days then they don't receive interest, i can make it instead a reduced amount for pickpocketing, that way they aren't truly missing anything, but gives everyone else something different to do
4 Dec 2021, 4:06:57 pm
[CWHaxXXxaH  prestige wrote
if players are more than 3 days inactive & dont have rm days then they don't receive interest, i can make it instead a reduced amount for pickpocketing, that way they aren't truly missing anything, but gives everyone else something different to do
:D Yay!
4 Dec 2021, 11:28:38 pm
Here's what I have...

10 Nerve = an average of $1,000 + 60exp per pickpocket (twice the money and half the experience of a 10 nerve crime), but money/exp will be random for each pickpocket

You can pickpocket anyone who is 3+ days inactive and does not have an RM, but only their interest is up for grabs.

Currently, you don't receive interest if you are 3+ days inactive without an RM. So this isn't really taking any money from other players and no one has grounds for complaining as without this feature, they wouldn't receive it anyways. But I am also reducing the amount they would receive, from 1% to .2%. So if someone is offline 3+ days w/o RM and have max bank+, they will get a max interest of $30,000 instead of $150,000.

Anyone who logs in with potential pickpocket money in their banks, will receive it all and their potential pickpocket money will be reset to 0.