The game has alot of things to do and that can prove to be a hassle for newbies. For me I had Dilligaf guide me through the process which allowed me to rush through things easily.

Idea: Mentorship (We can name to something more suitable to the theme of the game)

Who are the Mentors?:
Veteran Players ingame volunteer to be part of the program.

Admins can set some requirements for who can volunteer/apply so that we dont have useless lazy whiny people chasing players away with there problems lol

How it Works for New Players:
Anyone that signsup, is automatically assigned a Mentor from the pool of Mentors. Admins can set a number of tasks for the newbies in which the Mentors can guide them through step by step. By the end of the guide the Newbie should at least have 80 to 90% confidence in going through the game without difficulty.

Rewards for the Mentor:
If the player actively stays for a week, a month, 3months the mentor is rewarded respectively.

A Mentor Badge on the Mentors profile for Successfully completed Newbie Guides by New Players?

Just throwing out random points you can tweak it how you see fit 😊

Replies

1 Jan 2024, 12:55:54 pm
If this was a complete volunteer program with absolutely no rewards then I could see it being worthwhile. As soon as you involve some type of gains, certain bad apples and cheater bois who will remain nameless see potential for abuse. The last thing the game needs is more multi accts made and fake player signups or refs. Or someone trying to game the system with a fake looking mentorship to one of their friends from another game who isn't gonna actually play or try other than to get said rewards.

The next issue is having the blind lead the blind as you already mentioned. I see the possibility for shitty mentors that think they are good players or actually know how to play but they really don't. It's hard to tell someone that their acct sucks and they don't know how to play, and I understand that the learning curve is high here, same as it is on MV but you also have to understand that many ppl spend RL cash on these games and don't want someone that will tell them to buy all the "free" or alternate cost items like crime master, CP, BTP, mission resets etc with their hard earned money when they should be buying op sets instead. Basically you don't want a F2P player who is on P3 to be a mentor. You prolly don't want a F2P P5 player who has been stuck there for months and has no stats or house. You definitely don't want any casual or social type of players who just like to chat and not actually play. Not to single anyone out but just as some examples.

Another thing is where do you draw the line on new player?? There are plenty of noobs who never learned how to play the game. Or ppl that returned and now want to play with the newest updates but have no idea what they missed because forums get buried with News Posts and the news posts themselves have random names and titles assigned 👀 The returning ones who want to try shouldn't really be singled out because they are new or a low age in game days.

Good example of the forum thing is when I was trying to find the prestige list for someone who asked in global. I had to look back not only 8 months but try to find what it was listed under which was some random title like Game Updates. All that stuff should be organized in 2 or more places. The Prestige reqs for instance should show on prestige page or a link there to reduce clutter maybe as well as show in a more comprehensive game guide.

Getting to that... I think a better solution would just be a comprehensive game guide with all the info listed. Just go down the list of links and have someone competent like DA maybe type them all up with all the info of what they do. Maybe do a collaborative forum post so players can help too. Help to organize it at least and review key points so that they can be gone over and discussed. Even having that thread while the game guide sits on the back burner will give ppl something to look through in the meantime.

Finally, itempedia should be fully updated with all the tool tips showing stuff and what they do. Or a formal description if the little tool tip thing is limited. This has plagued MV for as long as I can remember and here as well for the entire time the game has been open. Idk why sadmins hate the itempedia so much, but before I was the seasoned Vet that I am now, I relied heavily on itempedia in games to know what everything did as well as see quantities of items to determine their rarity. This is another huge issue from MV. Admin accts or test accts shouldn't hold items for no reason. All that should be in the game should be legit items and show the real quantities in itempedia in real time so you can see who has what. The same goes for world stats although I know I'm really treading on choppy water with that one 🤣 🤣

Those 2 tools are as important as any game features though. Some might even say the most important because it shows the whole game economy in a snapshot. There is no reason for this info to be concealed from the players or skewed by sadmin accts spawning points/cash/items into game. It takes a few seconds to wipe out and acct and clear all the excess points, cash, items after testing purposes. It's not like we're asking for a lot of extra work to be done.
2 Jan 2024, 4:12:22 am
Agreed with the game guide and itempedia update.

Still think the mentorship idea is a good idea :P
2 Jan 2024, 4:13:32 am
[LO] Anonymous  prestige wrote
Agreed with the game guide and itempedia update.

Still think the mentorship idea is a good idea :P

Of course with them taking into account everything you shared that could be a hindrance and coming up with a way to weed out the trashy mentors and multis
2 Jan 2024, 2:40:33 pm
Nope to the idea.

Will look at updating the elements mentioned.