4 Dec 2023, 5:09:23 am
So I was asked to post this here by someone else so it is at least documented in the proper place for all the world to see 👀 👀

[SYSTEM] For those of you that overeagerly spent all your skill points without looking at the cost, you have until end of day Dec 5th to submit a support ticket to have your skill points reset as a 1-time courtesy. Please look at the cost before making decisions.

In light of the recent updates to skills and then this subsequent update after players botched up their new found skills system, it appears there have been some oversights on the sadmins end... (whether they choose to admit so or not)

The first major thing is that originally when the skill system was overhauled earlier in the year with our bi-annual update session, we were told there would be lots of skills added in the future and that the new system which replaced the old buggy system with individual achievements would serve us much better. And it did. I will give credit there that the old system sucked because when a player clicked to activate an objective, it turned them off for someone else. So anyway, we're way passed that and moved on to the new 40% skill system which worked well. Until now...

With the current updates, the option to boost skills is increased from 40-60% which is good. However the price is also exponentially increased too. Which kinda makes sense for long term game progression or lack thereof in some cases... However, this is what the admins give us for advice:

"Please look at the cost before making decisions."

There is no possible way to do that without knowing how much an individual skill costs to max out. The only way to try is to do what I'm sure a bunch of ppl already did and go try to max them out until you reach the upper numbers where it costs like 267 skill points per click 🤣 🤣

The cost is not a flat rate on them and increases exponentially. At some points doubling and doubling again until you run out of SP to use. I'm not sure why this should be a big secret. The official sadmin response is: "It designed around forcing people to pick a path, and not have everything attainable."

basically that means it's designed so that if you don't have a martyr to waste all their SP in a category and take notes on the cost from 40-60%, you will have to do so with your own acct and fuck it all up 🤣 🤣 🤣

So I guess the suggestion here is just simply for a chart that shows us how much they cost. This is suspiciously absent because my guess is that the sticker shock effect would deter most players and cause them to complain. However the alternative is much worse. Players using a simple game feature like skill points and in turn fucking up their accounts because they can't achieve what someone would think would be an attainable goal. Because it's designed to not be attainable for some reason

So let's pick the less of 2 evils here and at least post with transparency of what the cost is.

I'm not finished tho 🤣 🤣

If you ask me to post on the subject, you will get the full Dogbert treatment. Going back to when the skill system was overhauled and we were promised "lots more skills in the future"

would be nice to have stuff like crime cash boost, AP boosts or discounts, prestige related boosts, stuff that affects bank or dailies etc

instead, we get what we already had but exponentially more expensive so that instead of new skills, it will just be near impossible to max out the current ones.

feel free to post your thoughts below. Uncle Dogbert will take the bullets for you as per usual with doing the Lord's work 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Replies

4 Dec 2023, 1:37:27 pm
it physically pains me to agree with st uncle dogbutt...but yeahhhh... the whole mass update thing was kinda weird in general...the skill thing being part of the pita...adding prestiges when doubles is abt over being another major annoyance

i feel like the higher your prestige, the more skills you should earn per lvl...bc it takes a lot more exp to get the higher lvls..and costs a metric chit ton of points...so extra points would be just a small compensation i think

in terms of being told to pick your path? maybe once a month we get to buy a skill point do over? i would pay to change out my skills as needed...it would be nice to have ops n skills maxed out while we're in hoarder mode...and then be able to clear it and change up for doubles events like we just had...
4 Dec 2023, 8:59:27 pm
A reset item or option to reset your skills would be nice. People make mistakes, either by clicking the wrong one, putting too much into one, or by choosing one that is not really worth it and realizing it when it’s too late.

However, monthly is a bit too much, especially if the point is to “choose your own path” and not “choose whichever path is convenient at this time.” People would just choose op payout and anything that makes pts/cash out of train/xp events, then train or xp during events. It would defeat the intended purpose.
4 Dec 2023, 10:15:22 pm
I suggested having a skill reset option that you can use once per prestige. Considering they recently added new prestiges and prestige benefits for 6+, and changed a ton of other things as well, it would make sense to reset skills when we pick our "new path" for prestige options.

That way it still gives ppl a chance to screw them up and be able to fix them but not at will and changing them frequently.

At the end of the day tho, the cost to max a set to 60% should still be posted transparently. I forgot to add for the ones who haven't found out yet, that the op and mission skills are much cheaper than the other ones from 40-60%. That's why this is kinda a big deal. Although, for new and lower level players, the cost to max the small ones is still a game changing amount of SP.